Truck Parade and Starlight Shopping
STARLIGHT SHOPPING AND THE BIG TRUCK PARADE
Mark your calendars for Friday, November 30, 2018 - this year's Starlight Shopping & Big Truck Parade!
First off: Needle & Arts will be open until 11 pm for Christmas Shopping on this day. Plus, everything in the store will be 15% OFF! Not to forget the yummy Apple Cider European style, as every year.
5:00pm - THE BIG TRUCK PARADE WILL START ROLLING FROM ROCKLAND ROAD!!
Sponsored by 97.3 the Eagle.
Additional sponsors include: the Campbell River Mirror, RBC, CIBC, Scotiabank, the Bank of Montreal, MacIsaac & Company, Kicking Horse Coffee, Shoppers Drug Mart, Foggdukkers Coffee, the City of Campbell River, Lay's and Beach Fire Brewing.
This fabulous parade, the 2nd largest lighted parade on Vancouver Island, will feature cement trucks (how do they get the lit drum to turn!?), logging trucks complete with huge logs, tow trucks, dump trucks, tractors, snow plows, trucks towing boats, trailers and low beds plus fire trucks including ones with Santa, Mrs. Claus and the Elf aboard. Spyk & Son Projects, all the way from Powell River will be joining us again with a spectacular display of 50,000.00 lights! Lots of new businesses have signed up this year. The parade has become a Campbell River Tradition.
WITH THE PARADE TRAVELLING ON HWY. 19A, A DETOUR WILL BE SET UP AT 2ND AVE. AND MANNED BY THE RCMP TO ENCOURAGE MOTORISTS TO SELECT EITHER ALDER ST. OR DOGWOOD ST. THE DETOUR WILL HELP ALLEVIATE CONGESTION BY ROCKLAND ROAD AND MAKE FOR A SAFER PARADE ROUTE.
TRAFFIC COMING ACROSS ON THE 5:15 AND 6:15 FERRIES WILL BE DIRECTED TO MAKE A RIGHT TURN ONLY WHEN EXITING THE FERRY.
AS AN ADDED SAFETY FEATURE VOLUNTEERS WILL HELP LOOK AFTER THE CORNER OF 11TH AVE. AND SHOPPERS ROW. ROTARIANS AND THE RCMP DO AN EXEMPLARY JOB OF KEEPING EVERYBODY SAFE.
4:00 AROUND THE TOWN
* ReMax Check Realty at the corner of St. Ann's and Hwy. 19A will be giving out cookies and hot cider to people waiting for the big trucks to roll by!
* CIBC will be handing out cookies and hot chocolate
* Ocean Mountain Yoga will be serving tea & treats until 9:00, gift basket draw, free yoga at 5:30 & 7:30, donate to the Shoebox Project - free class card.
* Form.Wellness+Studio (next to La Tee Da Lingerie)- will offer free 15 min kid & family yoga sessions before & after parade, gift baskets, hot cocoa, cider, tea & coffee.
* Modlux Merchant Market - nine local artisans
*Free Glow Sticks will be handed out to the first 400 children at Spirit Square
* The Fire Pit at Spirit Square, always a welcome additon, will keep families warm and toasty
* Gateway Foursquare Church will be heating up & serving s'mores along with games & prizes
* Easy Street featuring Annie Handley & Dave Davendish will perform on Spirit Square Stage. Sponsored by ReMax Check Realty.
* Working her magic at Spirit Square will be the one and only... Shoo Shoo the Clown
* Illuminated Angels- dressed as angels and wrapped in lights, this duo on stilts, will enthrall the crowds. Sponsored by Royal LePage Advance Realty and Berwick by the Sea
* Town Crier, Captain Thunderpants, will make sure Santa, the Mrs. and the Elf make their way to Spirit Square Stage for the Light Up.
* Dragonfly Hobby Farm with their feathered, furry friends will set up in front of Wise & Wonderful Toys & Games. Perfect spot to entertain the kiddies!
* Annie Handley and Dave Davendish will be entertaining everyone on Spirit Square Stage until 7:15.
* the Art Gallery Artisan Market will be open
* Santa, Mrs. Claus and Elves will arrive!
* Free candy canes will be given out by Mrs. Claus to the first 400 children.
* Mayor Andy Adams and 97.3 the Eagle's Steve Rossner will deliver a warm welcome to all and help the winner of 97.3 the Eagle "Ride With Santa" contest, light the Christmas Tree with the "magic" lever.
* Ten big trucks will be on display at Tyee Plaza. Be sure to go over and say hello and thank you to these amazing truck drivers.
* Pacifica Ukes, A Unique Ukele Ensemble and always a crowd favorite, will play in Tyee Plaza
6:45pm Santa's Workshop #1035
Families will enjoy pictures with Santa, Mrs. Claus and Elf Sponsored by Photo Tech foto source with photographer Grant Jones.
* Pictures will be by donation to the Campbell River Food Bank
*Amy Louise Face Painting - by donation
*Party Mamas - glitter tattoos and hair extensions
*Vote for your favorite Gingerbread House
Around the Plaza
On the Mark Productions with Sparkling Elves
Salvation Army with Carollers plus complimentary hot chocolate
Cookie decorating, crafts and games at the Campbell River Art Gallery 5:00 to 7:00
Cabane A Patates
The Pretzel Guyz
Bounce-a-Rama cotton candy
Glen's Kettle Korn
CBMD - mini donuts
Starlight Shopping & The Big Truck Parade will kick off the Downtown Christmas shopping - most stores will be open late promising a night of fantastic shopping, treats and promotions!